Treatment Time

Treatment Time
Treatment Time - feet

Treatment time

Treatment time
Treatment time - hands

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Treatment thoughts from Rachel

Our week in West Virginia is over. Four flights, 2 layovers, 9 hours in the car, fourteen microacupuncture treatments, 280 needles, 2 vision scans, three days and nights of hanging in a hotel room and eating frozen dinners, three nights in the loving home of family before and after treatment, six nights away from our two bigger kids, a week of alone time with our baby, seven days together to talk, pray, discuss, process, pray, cry, think, and pray more.

We don't know if it the treatment had any effect. Dr. Otte thinks it did. Another doctor didn't. Only time will tell. If there was any effect on Rod's eyes, we know now that one week of treatment can only do a little bit of good. Baby steps. In 2-3 weeks and again in 3 months Dr. Otte (from W.V.) suggested having more scans done to track the changes. Since Rod's vision hasn't changed much, if at all, in the last 2 1/2 years it will be hard to tell ifthe treatments are slowing the degeneration. But in any case, we will likely go back to small town West Virginia to continue treatments. If there is any chance that these Micro - acupuncture treatments can help, in any way, then we're in. For the benefit of Rod, maybe our children, and grandchildren, and all the other families out there touched by RP and other degenerative eye diseases, we have to give this a shot.

I trust God. I know He is good. And from Him comes only good things. I realize that the path to His good is not always the easiest nor our first choice, but in the end it will be good. I believe this. And for the times when I lose hope or faith, I know that I have friends and family who will "stand in that gap" for me until I'm ready. Rod and I are so thankful to all our friends and family who were sending up prayers for us all week, for the two dear families who watched our big kids while we were gone, for my uncle who donated his airline miles, and for my cousins in Dayton who opened their home to us before and after the treatments. Without the love and support of all these people, Rod and I would be lost. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment